A Car Conversation




My High Schooler had half days this week due to finals, which left me with even more than the usual trips to school.  I didn't complain. He'll be driving soon, and all that precious time in the car together will be gone. Forever. All those one on one conversations. All those glimpses into his day.....

ME:  How were finals?
HIM:  Great!  I cleaned out my locker.  Do you know what I found at the very bottom?
ME:  Food?
HIM:  Yes.  A Slim Jim.
ME:  Was it in the wrapper?
HIM:  Yes.
ME:  Did you eat it?
HIM:  Yes.  Do you know what it tasted like?
ME:  What?
HIM:  Freedom.

I get it.  The last bite out of the locker tastes like the first bite of summer. I love my baby boy!

Happy Summer, Everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Butter Bean Soup

Dr. Seuss Snacks!

Candy Cornucopia