Fall Decorating Swap


When it comes to fall decorating, I prefer to leave the skeletons in the closet.  I do, however, like to add a few touches of fall, especially if it means using pieces that I already have on hand.  Take these three hurricane vases, for example.


A few quick changes and it was good-bye summer sand and sea shells and hello autumn!


As I was strolling through the grocery aisle at Target, contemplating shades of beans, I ran across my friend, The Artist. When I asked her opinion, she immediately picked the black ones. Always go with your Artist Friend's first intuition. She probably hasn't been over-thinking the whole dried bean scenario the way you have.


I love the way these turned out.  Fall-ish, but not creepy!  And the warm hues smell as good as they look - Pumpkin Spice, Orange-Clove and Tahitian Vanilla.


Here's to turning leaves and crisp, cool nights!  
I've been waiting all summer for these perfect October days!





Comments

I love the bean idea, and so much cheaper than buying glass beads at pier 1, which is where I was yesterday. (I didn't buy them.)
Jenna said…
What a neat and simple idea!! Beautiful.
Unknown said…
Those are super cute and I bet the smell so good! "Pinning!"

Shannon @ Imperfectly-Inspired
Lisa said…
what a great idea!!! I have these in our craft closet...done!
Colie's Kitchen said…
Hi this is Nicole from Colie’s Kitchen I just discovered your blog and wanted to drop by and say hi. I am now a new follower. I would love to have you stop by Colie’s Kitchen if you get a chance. www.colieskitchen.com
Carly said…
Are those black beans? Great idea. I think I'm going to use it. I was looking for coffee beans for a decoration, but since coffee beans are gourmet they were so expensive for something I was just going to throw out that I could not justify it. Beans are cheap. Thanks for the idea.
Mindie Hilton said…
Beautiful, thanks for sharing at Bacon Time.
Teri said…
So pretty! I linked to you at Mingle Monday.
Your pictures of the lit candles are fantastic. Just beautiful.

-Beth @ Hungry Happenings
Very pretty. I made my own hurricane glasses from a candlestick and vase I bought from the $1 Tree. I linked from Works for Me Wednesday.

Popular posts from this blog

Butter Bean Soup

Dr. Seuss Snacks!

Candy Cornucopia