I Heart Faces Photo Challenge - Scenic Black and White




I became passionate about black and white photography after receiving my first Ansel Adams calendar in high school.  I love how black and white erases the clutter and, instead, draws the viewer into contrast and texture and light.

This photo of my niece, Sherah, and her husband, Andy, was taken at their wedding on the Oregon coast.  Surrounded by majestic rock and harsh waters, their solid embrace holds a future of promise that will withstand all that life throws their way.

The June day was windy and cold.  Who knew that this pragmatic bride, never flinching, wore long underwear under her gorgeous gown?






Comments

nay_nay84 said…
The coast is beautiful! Nice job!
Unknown said…
Beautiful place to have a wedding.
Tamar SB said…
What a beautiful backdrop for a lovely couple!

Tamar
Annette said…
Beautiful. You are right, black and white shows the contrast, texture and light. You did a great job with this shot.
Libby said…
That photo is beautiful! The background is really pretty.
I'd love it if you could check out my entry too: http://www.flickr.com/photos/libby104/5217912862/

--Blessings, Libby
Anita Johnson said…
beautiful! Another destination to add to my bucket list!
Tiffany said…
Beautiful.....can't tell the temperature from the picture:)

Popular posts from this blog

Butter Bean Soup

Dr. Seuss Snacks!

Candy Cornucopia