What I Learned From Tim Tebow


Tim Tebow holds a Heisman Trophy and the 2010 first-round draft pick as quarterback for the Denver Broncos.  On the Fourth of July, our family had the chance to hear his perspective on life, football and faith.


If you can get past his cuteness and the way the spotlight reflects off his broad shoulder pads, you'll find that Tim Tebow has a heart of gold.  Here are four things that I learned from this All-American:
  1. Obey the Little Things.  Tim Tebow never dreamed of the impact that a single, small decision would make.  One morning he woke up and thought, "What if I wrote a personal message on the black strips I wear beneath my eyes?"  He wrote Phil 4:13.  The scripture read, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!"  He wore that reference for most of the season.  One game, he thought he should change it.  He wrote, John 3:16.  "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."  Later that week he learned that after the game, John 3:16 had received over 3 million hits on Google.  What impact could I have if I obeyed the little things that the Holy Spirit prompted me to do?
  2. Count Your Success.  During a recent interview, Tim Tebow was asked if, given all his awards and accomplishments, he would consider his life a success.  His answer?  Yes.  His life was a success, not because of his athletic accomplishments, but because Jesus Christ was Lord and Savior of his life.  Do I consider my life as successful as Tim Tebow's?
  3. Bloom Where You're Planted.  The youngest of five, Tim Tebow was born in the Philippines to missionary parents.  That heart for missions has stayed with him.  He continues to promote the Gospel, but views football as his mission field.  Every gift can be used for the glory of God.  How do I use mine?
  4. Look to the Future.  Some say he'll make it in the pros and some say he won't.  Is he worried?  Tim Tebow says, "No.  I don't know what the future holds, but I know who holds the future."

Keep the faith, brother!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Butter Bean Soup

Dr. Seuss Snacks!

Candy Cornucopia