Day 27 - The Final Stretch

"Why is there always so much month left at the end of the money?"
--John Barrymore, Early American Actor 
(Grandfather of Drew Barrymore)

With only four days to go, I sat down to evaluate our remaining money and our remaining needs.  We had about $80 left.  I had planned the rest of the meals and had most of the ingredients, but needed a few filler items.  I was out of laundry detergent, and knew I couldn't go five days without doing laundry!  The swim banquet was coming up.  The kids (swimmers) were free, but the adults had to pay for sandwiches as well as bring a side (in our case, dessert).  Could we buy a case of Gatorade for Samuel's football camp?  Would I need more gas?

We decided to get the Gatorade, but bottle our own water.  Perry and I would pass on the $5.00 sub sandwiches at the swim banquet and eat at home.  (We'd still bring cookies!)  I'd switch to generic laundry detergent, but still buy vegetables, milk and fruit.  Hopefully, this would be my last trip of the month to the store!  With this plan, we would have enough left over just in case I needed gas!

TODAY'S SPENDING:
Groceries and Laundry Detergent:  $38.75

Comments

jhand said…
I am rooting for you all the way to the end! I have enjoyed following your challenge and been inspired to look for more ways to cut back on more and use more of what I have on hand.

Julie Hand
Thanks, Julie! We're almost there!

Popular posts from this blog

Butter Bean Soup

Dr. Seuss Snacks!

Candy Cornucopia