Think Inside the Box

Last week was teacher appreciation week at school. (Yes, I realize this is my third blog on teacher appreciation, but we really love our teachers!)  Only five days after my knee surgery, I tried to think of something thoughtful that didn't involve a trip to the store.  Fortunately, I happened to have a box of brownies in the pantry.  Now, this is no ordinary box of brownies.  This is a super deluxe Ghirardelli triple-chocolate Costco-sized box of brownies - the best brownies I've ever tasted.



One of these giant boxes has enough brownie mix to make 3 - 9x13 pans.  Because I had 18 teachers (plus a few staff members) that I wanted to thank, I made all three pans.



I baked the brownies according to the directions and poured the batter into a parchment-lined 9x13 pan.  Once they cooled, the entire pan flipped easily onto the lid.



Originally I thought I would cut each pan into 12 brownies, but later decided that the pieces just wouldn't be big enough!  In the end, I decided that 8 giant brownies per pan would be perfect.



Using a spatula, I placed each individual brownie in a crisp, cellophane bag, found some leftover red ribbon from Christmas and attached a tag printed on red cardstock.




Voila!  Problem solved!

Comments

This is definitely my favorite boxed brownie- made with melted butter, of course!

Popular posts from this blog

Butter Bean Soup

Dr. Seuss Snacks!

Candy Cornucopia